Saturday, April 12, 2008

I Absolutely LOVE this time of year!

What's not to love? Flowers and trees are once again coming to life, the sun is shining (most of the time) and spring is in the air, you can just feel it! General Conference was wonderful! I was blessed to be able to go the Sunday afternoon session. Aunt Diane had 2 tickets and invited me to go, the answer was an resounding YES!!!! There is nothing like being in the conference center and feeling the Spirit there. When the prophet and the Council of the Twelve walk in, a hush comes over the crowd. It is amazing. It was sad to not see President Hinkley's smiling face and his twinkling eyes, but President Monson is an amazing man also. What an honor Saturday to stand and sustain President Monson as the prophet of the Church.
After Diane and I returned from conference, she and Skyler and Katie had dinner with us. It was so fun to just sit and visit and enjoy each other. The Thursday before conference, Melissa, Brynlee and I went to visit with aunt Diane and to see her new home, it is beautiful. We had a fun time chatting!
I don't know if I mentioned in my last post that Uncle Mike, Aunt Renee and Alex were here for a week long visit. It was so fun to see them and spend time with them and the puppies of course! Renee is doing so well after her back surgery, she won't be going back to work for a while still and uncle Mike is enjoying retirement. Liss and I both noticed that he was not stressed and so laid back. I guess when you retire from a job that every day when you walk out of the door you know you will be putting your life on the line and there is a possibility you may not walk in the door the next morning, life become a lot less stressful!!
Well, we now have the condo and the flights to Hawaii! We are so ready to go and enjoy paradise! The way time flies, it will be here before you know it! I go visiting teaching with someone who went to school there and Bishop and Sister Harris are returning this month from their mission in Hawaii and we know lots of people who go there often who will be able to give us lots of tips about places to go and things to see! For sure we are going to go to Pearl Harbor, you can't go to Hawaii without seeing that amazing memorial. Maybe the pineapple plantation and maybe some of us are going to go with marine biologists and swim with the dolphins in the ocean and go snorkeling! Oh and there is the hike to the falls, but mostly we are going to sit on our beach and enjoy the beauty around us and enjoy each other. We will only be minutes from the Temple and hopefully it is open and we will do a session.
Well, that is it for now! Hope all is well for everyone!

2 comments:

Hans, Shell, Gabe, Hiett and Tait said...

Hawaii here we come!!! yeehaw! So much fun.. Thanks for coming last weekend- it was refreshing to see people instead of just talking to them on the phone. Remember you need to post pictures of hte new room!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait! Less than 6 months! It is going to be so much fun! And yes, I want to see pics of the new room too!! Love you!